I am taking a hiatus from blogging. The posts I now add will be unedited and unpolished, please forgive me. I am using this platform as a storage place for interesting things. I am currently focusing on editing wikipedia articles on contemporary art instead. I encourage you to do the same and to follow still very active blogs like hyperallergic, c-monster, bldgblog, and more. thanks you.

Collaborative Public Art-Money Tree

 Money Trees trees plants currency

"in several wooded areas around the UK, passersby have been stopping for decades (if not centuries), meticulously hammering small denomination coins intro trees." more

I think that to create collaborative works like these in the past you always needed a religious edge to turn it into a tradition or a ritual. I find the above practice very beautiful, and I feel public art works in today's cities are really lacking where this is succeeding. Our culture certainly doesn't embrace the sacred very well in a public sphere. 



thanks Kbay. who has a sweet gimmebar which is a cool new everyone should check out. here

1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful. I wonder how much it would be worth, all those coins versus its value as collaborative art. It's like binary options trading, either way we all win.

    ReplyDelete