I am taking a hiatus from blogging. The posts I now add will be unedited and unpolished, please forgive me. I am using this platform as a storage place for interesting things. I am currently focusing on editing wikipedia articles on contemporary art instead. I encourage you to do the same and to follow still very active blogs like hyperallergic, c-monster, bldgblog, and more. thanks you.

Science + Art

I'm always interested in seeing art intersect with other mediums or topics, like science. Because art is so open-ended and flexible, it's a suitable means to discuss a variety of issues through the use of aesthetics, shape, form, and content. Who ever said art is useless?

This segment, from NPR, explores where the realms of art and science collide. Listen to writer Cormac McCarthy, director Werner Herzog, and physicist Lawrence Krauss discuss science as inspiration for art.

- Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment