I am taking a hiatus from blogging. The posts I now add will be unedited and unpolished, please forgive me. I am using this platform as a storage place for interesting things. I am currently focusing on editing wikipedia articles on contemporary art instead. I encourage you to do the same and to follow still very active blogs like hyperallergic, c-monster, bldgblog, and more. thanks you.

Art and Social Practice


Theaster Gates, Whitney Biennal performance/installation. Gates works to convert abandoned spaces into community spaces, like libraries and artist studios, although his website confuses me, he seems to be doing a lot of good while still being a professor at the University of Chicago. more at art:21

Jorge Rodriquez Gerada finds individuals who are important to a specific community and give them a giant portrait. more



Candy Chang, Looking for Love Again, interactive public art project confronting urban decay in Fairbanks Alaska. more definitely check out the rest of her work.




Astoria Scum River Bridge from Jason Eppink on Vimeo.

more by Jason Eppink


Some art spaces to look into/visit:
Luggage Store-San Francisco
Curbs and Stoops-Brooklyn
Soap Factory- Minneapolis

Thanks to Jeffrey Pena, founder of Curbs and Stoops, for showing me much of this post, and Robin for Theaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment