I am taking a hiatus from blogging. The posts I now add will be unedited and unpolished, please forgive me. I am using this platform as a storage place for interesting things. I am currently focusing on editing wikipedia articles on contemporary art instead. I encourage you to do the same and to follow still very active blogs like hyperallergic, c-monster, bldgblog, and more. thanks you.

Clever advertising

Imagine hearing Bach’s Cantata 147 also known as “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desire” in the midst of a lush Japanese forest. But instead of an orchestra and a conductor, the sounds are made simply out of wood and a ball. For a clever advertisement, the mobile phone company TOUCH WOOD designed an enormous xylophone, where each dropping plunk of the ball forms the sounds of Bach's Cantata 147. The idea is simple, but the result is exquisite. If I lived in Japan, I'd certainly buy one of these cell phones.




-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment