I am taking a hiatus from blogging. The posts I now add will be unedited and unpolished, please forgive me. I am using this platform as a storage place for interesting things. I am currently focusing on editing wikipedia articles on contemporary art instead. I encourage you to do the same and to follow still very active blogs like hyperallergic, c-monster, bldgblog, and more. thanks you.

Ground Floor Workshop

Laura Elkins, Responding to recent experiences with governmental abuse, has transformed GFl Workshop with a proposal for a massive installation/protest for Freedom Plaza in Washington, DC. Through iPhonegraphs (iphone photographs/drawings), paintings, drawings, and installations Elkins creates a fantastical reaction to her unjust run-in with the law. While cynicism and apathy are pervasive, seeing an artist responding to oppression with creativity and humor is exciting and ultimately much more powerful.
Ground Floor Workshop is a small gallery that just opened this February in Williamsburg (327 Grand St)
After talking with one of the owners of the long and narrow gallery/project space, I was reminded of the Famous Accountants; similar spaces, yet more importantly, friendly and excited gallery owners who are willing to do innovative art, and would love to talk with you about it. I am excited to see what this young gallery grows into. 

No comments:

Post a Comment