I am taking a hiatus from blogging. The posts I now add will be unedited and unpolished, please forgive me. I am using this platform as a storage place for interesting things. I am currently focusing on editing wikipedia articles on contemporary art instead. I encourage you to do the same and to follow still very active blogs like hyperallergic, c-monster, bldgblog, and more. thanks you.

Sneak Peak: Whitney Museum with Glenn Ligon


An installment of Glenn Ligon's, Untitled (Negro Sunshine), 2005, is on display in the front window of the Whitney Museum, making it the first piece of the show I saw while waiting in line for the opening reception tonight.  This is Ligon's first mid-career retrospective, and it was overdue. While using an impressively wide range of materials and methods, this highly conceptual show remained clean and clear. I will definitely have to come back during regular museum hours.

The show runs from March 10th-June 5th. more

No comments:

Post a Comment