I am taking a hiatus from blogging. The posts I now add will be unedited and unpolished, please forgive me. I am using this platform as a storage place for interesting things. I am currently focusing on editing wikipedia articles on contemporary art instead. I encourage you to do the same and to follow still very active blogs like hyperallergic, c-monster, bldgblog, and more. thanks you.

Charles Ray and Anish Kapoor


Charles Ray, Ink Line, a constant stream of ink falls from the ceiling into a little hole in the floor. that is incredible. More
Thanks Lane


Up at Gladstone in Chelsea is an simple yet dramatic work by Anish Kapoor. (above is a similar piece)
If you spend some time with this it becomes almost like you are hallucinating. Standing in front of the work your inverted reflection seems to pop out from the concave disk, take a step closer and your reflection is right-side up. Talking in front of the work is also interesting, if you stand just-so, it sounds like you are talking right into your ear. Definitely spend some time with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment