I am taking a hiatus from blogging. The posts I now add will be unedited and unpolished, please forgive me. I am using this platform as a storage place for interesting things. I am currently focusing on editing wikipedia articles on contemporary art instead. I encourage you to do the same and to follow still very active blogs like hyperallergic, c-monster, bldgblog, and more. thanks you.

Mega Post: Broken Glass

File:Duchamp LargeGlass.jpg
Marcel Duchamp, The Bride Stripped Bare by Her Bachelors, Even, 1915-23.

 
Alejandro Almanza Pereda, Still -A- Life, 2009


Tara Donovan, shattered glass print on paper.


Tauba Auerbach, Shatter II, 2008.

Detail Image
David Altmejd, Untitled, 2007.


Monica Bonvicini, White, 2003.


Robert Smithson, Map of Broken Glass, Atlantis, 1969. At Dia

Maya Lin Avalanche 1998
Wouldn’t it be kind of exhilirating to stand really close to this and wonder that if you touched it, there really would be an avalanche of broken glass coming at you?  I am sure it is more of a faux-danger than anything, but the 12 year old in me would still love to do it.

Maya Lin, Avalanche, 1998.

Alicja Kwade, 412 Lieter bis zum Anfang, 2008.



No comments:

Post a Comment