I am taking a hiatus from blogging. The posts I now add will be unedited and unpolished, please forgive me. I am using this platform as a storage place for interesting things. I am currently focusing on editing wikipedia articles on contemporary art instead. I encourage you to do the same and to follow still very active blogs like hyperallergic, c-monster, bldgblog, and more. thanks you.

Two New Pieces of Mine

I won't bombard you with personal information on this blog, but I've been making a lot of art again and I wanted to tell the interwebs...

This is a wax cast of an architectural star. These stars can be found on old brick buildings, I am unsure if they were decorative or actually served a function. I know that they are on the end of long rods that basically held the brick walls to the foundation so they wouldn't fall off. As building construction changed, these cast iron stars fell out of use, I hope to find a wall to do an installation of these. 

This is a planter that will be hung when the grass is a little more established. I like that in the winter this piece will be dirt and green astroturf, and every spring it will look something like this...

Check out more work on my website.


No comments:

Post a Comment