I am taking a hiatus from blogging. The posts I now add will be unedited and unpolished, please forgive me. I am using this platform as a storage place for interesting things. I am currently focusing on editing wikipedia articles on contemporary art instead. I encourage you to do the same and to follow still very active blogs like hyperallergic, c-monster, bldgblog, and more. thanks you.

DEEP/SHALLOW up through May 29th.
Taking a break from preparations to return home to Indiana for two weeks, I stopped into the Gowanus Studios to see their new show DEEP/SHALLOW:

"Reference material is as often heavily researched as it is happened upon. Artworks in DEEP/SHALLOW were made in response to The Library’s collection of books and other printed materials donated from artists’ own reference libraries. The appropriation of these resources forces a contextual continuity (which normally occurs organically and over time) across disciplines, content and processes. DEEP/SHALLOW will be on view at The Gowanus Studio Space from April 29th through May 29th 2011."
text taken from the Gowanus Studios website. more info here.

I really went to see my friend and coworker Haley Hughes' translation of Howard Zinn's, A People's History of the United States, onto a 30 foot long rotating scroll. But there was tons of good people and fantastic art, definitely worth checking out if you are in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment