I am taking a hiatus from blogging. The posts I now add will be unedited and unpolished, please forgive me. I am using this platform as a storage place for interesting things. I am currently focusing on editing wikipedia articles on contemporary art instead. I encourage you to do the same and to follow still very active blogs like hyperallergic, c-monster, bldgblog, and more. thanks you.

“My monkey could have painted that.” Really?

Can people tell the difference between abstract art by children/monkeys vs. established artists? mostly.

1 comment:

  1. NERS NneonlumberjackMarch 16, 2011 at 11:54 AM

    While dumpster diving I found many Maxim magazines, and within one of these magazines there was an article asking the viewer to identify between thumbnails of famous abstract expressionist paintings and paintings done by monkeys. I found it easy of course, and I was not even familiar with the expressionists works.

    ReplyDelete