I am taking a hiatus from blogging. The posts I now add will be unedited and unpolished, please forgive me. I am using this platform as a storage place for interesting things. I am currently focusing on editing wikipedia articles on contemporary art instead. I encourage you to do the same and to follow still very active blogs like hyperallergic, c-monster, bldgblog, and more. thanks you.
Jerry Satlz's Top Ten Shows of 2010
Jerry Saltz's top ten shows of 2010:
1.“Chaos and Classicism: Art in France, Italy, and Germany, 1918–1936” -Guggy
2. Tino Sehgal’s ‘This Progress’ -Guggy
3. Heat Waves in a Swamp: The Paintings of Charles Burchfield” -Whitney
4. Sarah Sze -Tanya Bonakdar (pictured above)
5. Jessica Jackson Hutchins -Derek Eller Gallery and Laurel Gitlen
6. Joanna Malinowska, “Time of Guerrilla Metaphysics” -Canada???
7. Huma Bhabha, “Sculptures” -Salon 94 Bowery, through December 19
8. Mike and Doug Starn, “Big Bambú” -Met
9. Arlene Shechet, “The Sound of It” -Jack Shainman Gallery
10. “#class” -Winkleman Gallery
I saw numbers 1, 3, 4, and 8. Would have to add Anselm Kiefer at Gagosian, and Alejandro Almanza Pereda at Magnan Metz, and remove numbers 1 and 3. Hopefully #Rank was terrific as that I was a part of it...
Full article here.