I am taking a hiatus from blogging. The posts I now add will be unedited and unpolished, please forgive me. I am using this platform as a storage place for interesting things. I am currently focusing on editing wikipedia articles on contemporary art instead. I encourage you to do the same and to follow still very active blogs like hyperallergic, c-monster, bldgblog, and more. thanks you.

CENSORSHIP

NOW, LA's MOCA painted over a Blu mural with 24 hours of installment. More here.
UPDATE: Deitch talks


The Smithsonian falls to right-wing Christian pressure and removes their video by David Wojnarowicz, more about that mess at c-monster. I wrote the museum a nasty letter, and they responded with information about the rest of the works... WOAH! the Warhol Foundation says it will stop funding the Smithsonian museums if the movie is not returned, that is fantastic, I am glad to see someone with money take a stand! here



THIS REMINDS ME OF CHINA, where Ai Weiwei cannot leave his country and is on 24/7 surveillance.

Image from Hyperallergic's article on Ai Weiwei.


T-shirts here

No comments:

Post a Comment