I am taking a hiatus from blogging. The posts I now add will be unedited and unpolished, please forgive me. I am using this platform as a storage place for interesting things. I am currently focusing on editing wikipedia articles on contemporary art instead. I encourage you to do the same and to follow still very active blogs like hyperallergic, c-monster, bldgblog, and more. thanks you.

Art for the poor

Finally, there's an art auction for people who have no money. In fact, money isn't even allowed at Art Barter. Instead, participants are encouraged to barter other goods, and the artist gets to choose which exchange they want to make.

"We created an environment where the artist once again held complete control and where the viewer always had a chance to acquire art works. We wanted to make the viewer value the artworks outside of the art market and also to value themselves by thinking about what skills or assets they have that are unique."

Sounds good to me! The event is taking place from December 9th through the 12th at NP Contemporary Art Centre, 131 Chrystie Street, New York, NY 10002.


-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment