I am taking a hiatus from blogging. The posts I now add will be unedited and unpolished, please forgive me. I am using this platform as a storage place for interesting things. I am currently focusing on editing wikipedia articles on contemporary art instead. I encourage you to do the same and to follow still very active blogs like hyperallergic, c-monster, bldgblog, and more. thanks you.

My Installation Nation






This is my installation which used the entire shipping container and its contents as the piece itself. Electronic waste, which is flooding our landfills with toxic material, has become a global environmental problem. This waste is very toxic, and the United States produces a great deal of it, which leads to an unfortunately common solution of shipping the waste to foreign countries, where international corporations pay businesses not operating under environmental protection laws to deal with the waste. The United States is expected to produce 300 metric tons of e-waste this year alone. This is a global environmental problem, one that we cannot simply ship away to solve.

More Info here

No comments:

Post a Comment